Monday, April 11, 2011

Nice Weekend Ride

Well I finally broke out the bike this weekend for long ride. Weather was great, wind was at my back. Left Bellevue and rode to Camp Fontenelle, a 47 mile ride. I had a great opportunity to speak with teenagers from church on their Confirmation weekend retreat. I spoke about the Whitney experience and my faith. What a great honor to be asked on top of a great and fun ride. Debated whether to take the road bike or the heavy mountain bike, ultimately decided on the knobby tire mountain bike. It was hard surface road travel most of the way, then the last few miles on gravel roads. Camp Fontenelle is a methodist church camp in the bluffs overlooking the Elkhorn River, near Nickerson, NE. Yep I had a few hill challenges. I have to admit, I walked and pushed the bike up one long gravel road hill. I am motivated now to do some bike commutting to work again. Weather is cooperating and Spring is here. Get on that bike and do some riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment